COVID-19 Patient Information
The COVID-19 restrictions have required us to change some of the ways in which we deliver our services. But, the thing that has remained the same is our commitment to delivering the very best physiotherapy care to you.
After May 18th 2020
From May 18th, the Government commences phase 1 of easing COVID-19 restrictions; from this date we will be able to see non-high-risk patients in our clinic. Screening criteria, plus safety and social distancing criteria apply as follows:
- Patients are required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire at the time of booking.
- Patients are required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire on arrival.
- Patients are required to wait outside in their car until they are called for their appointment.
- Patients will have their temperature checked with an infared thermometer. A temperature in excess of 38.0°C or above is above normal; in this case the patient will be advised to go home straight away and to contact their GP for advice.
- Patients must use hand sanitizer on entry to the clinic, and apply a face-mask and disposable gloves which we provide.
- The physiotherapist will be wearing personal protective equipment for the duration of the physiotherapy session; all disposable items are safely discarded after every session, and reusable items (e.g. goggles, visors) are disinfected.
- The physiotherapist will endeavour to maintain 2 metres’ distance from the patient as much as possible (e.g. during the initial consultation, demonstration and supervision of exercises etc).
- All contact surfaces and equipment are disinfected after every session.
If you answer yes to any of these questions, we will not be able to conduct an in-clinic consultation at that time. However, video consultations are an alternative option.
Do you have symptoms of cough, fever, high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, breathlessness or flu-like symptoms now, or in the past 14 days?
Have you been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
Are you a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days (i.e. less than 2 metres for more than 15 minutes accumulative in 1 day)?
Have you been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?
Have you been advised by a doctor to cocoon at this time?
Have you been in a hospital or healthcare setting in the past 14 days?
For any high-risk or cocooning patients, or others who cannot attend our clinic at this time, we have an excellent telehealth system for video consultations. Video consultations are available to book through this website; just click here. We have put together this short video to explain more about this service.
We’re here to help you
The most important thing that we want you to know is that we’re here to help you. If you’re concerned about a pain or injury, please ring us on 061-201444 and we’ll put a plan in place to get you sorted as soon as possible.