News | National Workplace Wellbeing Day 13.04.201813 Apr 2018
Today, April 13th 2018, is the fourth annual National Workplace Wellbeing Day. It is an initiative designed to encourage employers and employees to take personal and organisational steps to improve their wellbeing.
The changes don’t have to be drastic; in fact, often it’s the smaller changes which have the most sustainable and beneficial effects. Simple measures such as the following can have a big impact on your wellbeing in the workplace:
- Ensure that you take your lunchbreak every day
- Eat your food slowly and mindfully
- Drink plenty of water
- Go for a walk on your lunch-break
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- If your job is mostly desk/driving based, take regular breaks to move around and stretch
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, seek help
Donnacha Ryan has put together this simple workplace stretching routine which can help to ease muscular tension and minimise the risk of developing a musculoskeletal disorder.
You can find our more information on National Workplace Wellbeing Day via this link. Or click here to find out more about the occupational health services provided by Mid West Physiotherapy.