Reflexology for Cancer
Sinéad Cleary, reflexologist at Mid West Physiotherapy, Limerick, specialises in the area of reflexology in cancer care. As a experienced reflexologist and general nurse, Sinéad combines her medical expertise and clinical experience to deliver high-quality, evidence-based treatments.
Sinéad has a keen interest in the research behind reflexology in cancer care, and has put together this Q&A covering the most common queries:
What are the potential benefits for individuals with cancer?
Why do clients use Reflexology in Cancer Care?
Can reflexology cause the spread of metastases?
Can I have reflexology if I am receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy?
Who shouldn’t have reflexology?
Can I claim back the cost of reflexology treatment?
- Cancer Research UK
- Together Against Cancer UK
- National Centre for Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- [Book] “Touching – The Human Significance of the Skin” by Ashley Montagu
- [Book] “National Guidelines for use of Complementary Therapies in Supportive and Palliative Care” by Marianne Tavares
- [Book] “Core Curriculum for Reflexology in the UK: The Reflexology Forum” by Clive S. O’ Hara